Electronic and electrical engineering principles lie at the heart of some of the world’s biggest industries. Combining core topics across electronic engineering with a variety of specialist modules, this programme will equip you with the knowledge and skills to work in a wide range of electronics careers.
You will develop your knowledge of the mathematical and scientific principles that underpin electronic and electrical engineering, as well as key topics like circuit design and communications networks. Specialist modules will allow you to build on this foundation in areas like power electronics, energy conversion, control circuits and electric generators and motors.
Careers in the field of Electronic and Electrical Engineering are wide-ranging, and employment prospects are excellent. Opportunities exist both in large multinational corporations and small start-up companies working on next-generation products and technologies. Graduates of this programme should expect to secure a professional or managerial position as graduate engineers, software engineers, electrical engineers and project managers with organisations such as BAE Systems, BP, Motorola, Mott MacDonald, Siemens and Instrumental Ltd.
Two degrees in four years
Upon successful completion of your programme of study, you will be awarded with a BEng in Electronic and Electrical Engineering from the University of Leeds and the SWJTU Bachelor degree of Electronics and Information Engineering.
These are the typical modules studied and may change from time to time.
Year one is a common year for all students, dedicated to developing your English language, physics and mathematics skills to allow you to succeed on your chosen programme of study for the following three years.
• English study skills for engineering
• Physics 1: Materials
• Physics 2: Electricity
• Mathematics 1
• Mathematics 2
• Military skills training
• Military theory
• Moral and legal foundation
• Introduction to Mao Zedong thought and theories of socialism with Chinese characteristics 1
• Physical Education 1
• Introduction to Mao Zedong thought and theories of socialism with Chinese characteristics 2
• The basic principles of Marxism.
• Circuit analysis and design
• Circuit theory
• Communications systems
• Communications networks and signals
• Digital electronics and microcontrollers
• Engineering mathematics
• Algorithms and numerical mathematics
• Further engineering mathematics
• Physical electronics 1
• Physical electronics 2
• Engineering communication skills 1
• Chinese modern and contemporary history
• Physical education 2.
• High frequency circuits and systems
• Transistors and optoelectronic devices
• Communications theory
• Energy systems and control
• Embedded systems project
• Mobile applications project
• Engineering communication skills 2.
• Professional studies
• Semiconductor technology
• Electric drive systems
• Embedded systems
• Bachelors project.
You will study one of the following modules:
• RF and microwave engineering
• Digital communications.